Saturday, November 20, 2010

Wading in Waiting

I find myself lifeless
and tethered to a thin web
by stale wrists .
This twine
a fragile network
of an intricate descent.
 I look down to the waters below
the depth  that will swallow me whole
... inevitably.
I wade in discord
within a mass of air
so thick with
unease
from all these things
left unsaid.
My fingers have grown weary
upon the thought of slipping down.
Impatient and defeated
in the dreary days of waiting
I fight to take hold of what once was a rope.
With so many facets of this collapse to consider, 
they are only reflected by the crashing tides
I wade above. 
I feel the tension loosening
within my grasp
as I inch closer to the
intensity
of ache
that strains towards me.
As long as I’ve spent wading and waiting,
I feel I have no choice but to let go.
My only solidity
rests in knowing each stretch I fall,
I will always find myself.  
It will be wet.
It will freeze me to my core.
 And these bones will thaw,
 just as surely as it was I to drop.

1 comment: