Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Just Fine

This life

I made for me

hard to tell now

if it's make believe.

When getting by

will only get you so far.

Fake it 'til you make it,

and I always end up at a bar.

The wrong side to wake up

I've got so much time

to make up for.

That's the only thing that's mine.

They say live free

don't worry, baby.

Things will happen eventually

When getting by

will only get you so far,

I'm only left with waiting 

and wasting my time. 

When apathy creeps up on me

and I can see

how hard it is to breathe some days

and others

I'm swimming gracefully.

Caught between standing on my own feet

and falling through the sky,

the balance on a blade

I've got so much life to wake up for. 

the only thing that belongs to me

It's the only thing that's mine.

And when they ask, I say

Just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment