Friday, October 15, 2010

Li²


This blinking cursor
Is judging me yet again
As evil as narcotics to its dealer
Just as precious these pages are to a lonely writer
Untitled and diminished
This story is not my own
Untarnished
Smeared in light
I’m terrified.
A sense of familiarity
I feel the strings
Wrap around my wrist
As I walk as I think as I melt into this
Precision is impervious
Interfering
Unrelenting
Content
Feels as foreign fingers to brail
And sightlessness has always had me
Under its thumb
Numb no longer
It burns in my being
Settling comfort I can taste so sweet
This impossible
simple spectacle
That has blurred my vision too long
I now hold precariously
On the smoothest edge of my palm
Split decisions in split conditions
I will sway towards the storm every time
A chance I find refuge at all
The beast in my soul
Has been cleaned has been boiled
Swept from my memory
Grit and grime have polished to gold
And I hear what I am told
But the faith has diminished in this blithe
These soles have been pounded
Through tunnels through darkness
From end to end
I’ve uncovered a gateway
Fortuitously
All its own in time
It has become my own
And this is mine
Though just where I can see
Every blink is counted
Every footstep forward is marked on a path I can be free
From these ties
This bond meant to destroy me
It will save me

This way

1 comment:

  1. Okay, my favorite lines in this one are:
    "I feel the strings
    Wrap around my wrist"

    ReplyDelete