Friday, October 15, 2010

Miles Away

Pavement slips quietly
Rolls through underfoot
    These wheels seem tired
And doldrums live up to its name
It's       all       the        same

Through a spark
I see
Something calling
To set me free
This heaviness i hold
Between thumb and forefinger
that’s all she wrote
A daydream clings to me
Seems light as a feather...
Beside my smile
I drive this mile
Waiting for a collision
Clarity tonight
Seems I’ve driven over a muse
somewhere along the way
I will pay my dues
One way or another
     In my rearview
     I point out a direction
A path I’ve been down too long
And I feel wrong
But I feel
This air seeps through a crack somewhere
Deep breath          I sigh
Taste the hours of darkness
In its glory
I drive happily
Backwards [slightly]
My mind restless
Entangled in impossibility
Will you ever find me?
On your own concrete
I feel like myself again
 In moments I recall
I feel like I’ve driven straight for a wall
Stalled engines wait
for a green light to release the night
into my life just one more time
I will breathe you in
Over before it had a chance to begin…

No comments:

Post a Comment